- 1 Can you take a boat to Hampton Court?
- 2 How long does the boat take from Richmond to Hampton Court?
- 3 How do I get from London to Hampton Court?
- 4 Is Hampton Court Palace worth visiting?
- 5 How long should you spend at Hampton Court Palace?
- 6 Can I use my Oyster card to get to Hampton Court?
- 7 What Tube line is Hampton Court on?
- 8 Can boats go under Hammersmith Bridge?
- 9 Can I get to Kew Gardens by boat?
- 10 Does Kew Gardens have parking?
- 11 Are the gardens free at Hampton Court?
- 12 Can you go inside Hampton Court Palace?
- 13 Can you tour Hampton Court?
Can you take a boat to Hampton Court?
The cruise takes just over an hour & passes through Teddington Lock, historic Kingston upon Thames & Thames Ditton before arriving at Hampton Court. This cruise allows up to 3-hours & 30-minutes ashore at Hampton Court to explore the palace. * parks or enjoy lunch at one of the many riverside pubs & restaurants.
How long does the boat take from Richmond to Hampton Court?
This cruise allows up to 3-hours & 30-minutes * ashore at Hampton Court to explore the palace, parks or enjoy lunch at one of the many riverside pubs & restaurants. This cruise takes place onboard a traditional passenger boat with a fully-licensed bar & toilet facilities.
How do I get from London to Hampton Court?
- 35 minutes from London Waterloo – calling at Vauxhall, Clapham Junction, Earlsfield, Wimbledon, Raynes Park, New Malden, Berrylands, Surbiton and Thames Ditton before arriving at Hampton Court.
- You could also get a train to Kingston and then a bus (111, 216 or 411) from there to Hampton Court Gardens.
Is Hampton Court Palace worth visiting?
Hampton Court’s gardens are worth a visit on their own, especially in the summer when the flowers are in bloom and the massive rose garden smells heavenly. The Privy Garden of King William III is the authentic garden William would have had 300 years ago, had he lived.
How long should you spend at Hampton Court Palace?
We recommend spending at least 3 hours here.
Can I use my Oyster card to get to Hampton Court?
National Rail trains Hampton Court station is in zone 6. Oyster cards are accepted on this route.
What Tube line is Hampton Court on?
Richmond Underground Station ( District Line ) is a 5-10 minute walk from the Richmond Pier. There is also a service from Westminster Pier (adjacent to Big Ben) for a three to three and a half hour trip out to Hampton Court stopping at many stops including Kew Gardens, Richmond and Kingston.
Can boats go under Hammersmith Bridge?
The bridge has been closed indefinitely to motorists since April 2019 when “critical faults” in the cast-iron casing were found. From Saturday, boats will also be allowed to pass under the bridge again.
Can I get to Kew Gardens by boat?
Excellent way to travel between the centre of London and Kew Gardens or Hampton Court between April and October. You get on at Westminster Peer and enjoy a sightseeing boat trip on River Thames including commentary.
Does Kew Gardens have parking?
Our Gardens are easy to get to by bike, foot, car or public transport. Don’t forget to check gov.uk/coronavirus for the latest guidance on travel. Please note: Parking at Kew is extremely limited, with spaces in our car park available on a first come, first served basis.
Are the gardens free at Hampton Court?
“As a charity we must use our resources responsibly to ensure that the palace and its gardens can be enjoyed for many years to come,” he said. “However, the vast majority of the Hampton Court Palace estate, which is supported entirely from our charitable funds, remains free for local residents to enjoy.”
Can you go inside Hampton Court Palace?
All open public areas of the palace. The gardens, courtyards, the Maze and the Magic Garden. Access to the Magic Garden is on a strictly first come, first served basis and queuing is highly likely during peak periods.
Can you tour Hampton Court?
Palace admission is free for Historic Royal Palaces Members. Book a guided tour. For a truly memorable visit to Hampton Court Palace, book one of our friendly and knowledgeable guides for a private tour. A bespoke guided tour can be tailored to your historical interests.