- 1 What is the deepest part of Logan Martin Lake?
- 2 Where is Neely Henry Lake located in Alabama?
- 3 Are there alligators in Logan Martin Lake?
- 4 Can you swim in Logan Martin Lake?
- 5 What is the dirtiest lake in Alabama?
- 6 Who was Neely Henry Lake named after?
- 7 What is Smith Lake water level?
- 8 What kind of fish are in the Coosa River?
- 9 Is ohatchee beach open?
- 10 What county is Weiss Lake in?
- 11 What state is Lake Guntersville?
- 12 What county is Pickwick lake in?
- 13 What county is Logan Martin lake?
What is the deepest part of Logan Martin Lake?
As summer begins, many families will be headed to Alabama’s beautiful lakes and reservoirs for fishing, boating or just relaxing. One of those spots is marking an anniversary. Fifty years ago this month, on June 2, 1966, the H. Neely Henry Dam began operations.
Where is Neely Henry Lake located in Alabama?
Neely Henry Reservoir is located in northeast Alabama on the Coosa River, near the towns of Gadsden and Ohatchee. Just off I-59, the reservoir envelops 11,235 acres and extends 77.6 miles from the dam upstream to Weiss dam. Generally a river-run lake, Neely Henry fans out toward the dam to offer more open water.
Are there alligators in Logan Martin Lake?
You don’t ever tell anybody,” said John Brannon who has lived along the lake for 31 years. State wildlife experts say reports of sightings in northern Alabama have become more common in recent years.
Can you swim in Logan Martin Lake?
2. Logan State Park Lake Logan State Park is home to one of the area’s best fishing lakes, but it’s also a great place for swimming in the Hocking Hills. The swimming beach is located on the north side of the lake, and it is a beautiful place to cool off while enjoying the park’s lovely views.
What is the dirtiest lake in Alabama?
Logan Martin Lake is a reservoir located in east central Alabama on the Coosa River approximately 30 miles (48 km) east of Birmingham, Alabama.
Who was Neely Henry Lake named after?
The facility was named after H. Neely Henry, a senior executive vice-president of Alabama Power. The Coosa River structure created the 11,200-acre, 339-mile shoreline H. Neely Henry Lake.
What is Smith Lake water level?
Level Base: MSL. Full Pool: 510.00 feet. Winter Pool: 496.00 feet. Flood Pool: 522.00 feet. Level Controlled by: Alabama Power.
What kind of fish are in the Coosa River?
Common fish species in the Coosa include: gar, carp, smallmouth buffalo, blue catfish, channel catfish, flathead catfish, white bass, yellow bass, striped bass, redbreast sunfish, green sunfish, bluegill, redear sunfish, spotted bass, largemouth bass, black crappie and freshwater drum.
Is ohatchee beach open?
The park’s operational timings are 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
What county is Weiss Lake in?
Lake Weiss (pronounced “Wice”) is an Alabama Power Company hydroelectric impoundment covering 30,200 acres in northeast Alabama on the Alabama – Georgia border. The Weiss Lake fishery is the major economic influence in Cherokee County, so the locals treat anglers very well.
What state is Lake Guntersville?
HOURS. Lake Guntersville Resort State Park is located along the banks of the Tennessee River in Northeast Alabama. Whether you are looking for a resort style retreat or an outdoor adventure in the park’s 6,000 acres of natural woodlands, Lake Guntersville State Park will satisfy all your needs.
What county is Pickwick lake in?
Pickwick Landing State Park is located just south of Pickwick Dam, 14 miles south of Savannah, in Hardin County. Noted for its excellent water recreation the lake and river offers fishing, boating, swimming and a marina. Accommodations in the park include a lodge and restaurant, cabins and camping.
What county is Logan Martin lake?
Logan Martin Reservoir is located in east-central Alabama on the Coosa River, approximately 30 miles east of Birmingham (the lake borders St. Clair and Talladega counties ). The reservoir extends 48.5 miles from the dam upstream to Neely Henry dam and contains 15,263 acres.