- 1 Can you get married on a river cruise?
- 2 Can you be married on a boat?
- 3 How much does it cost to get married on a cruise ship?
- 4 Which cruise lines do weddings at sea?
- 5 Are cruise weddings cheaper?
- 6 Are cruise weddings legal?
- 7 How do you plan a yacht for a wedding?
- 8 Can you get married on the Thames?
- 9 Can a cruise ship captain marry a couple?
- 10 Who can marry you legally?
- 11 What to know about getting married on a cruise?
- 12 Do cruise ships have chapels?
Can you get married on a river cruise?
In some ways, smaller ships seem ideal for hosting intimate destination weddings. However, Amadeus River Cruises said it has hosted destination wedding groups that have done full-ship charters with the company before, and U by Uniworld encourages the idea as well, so it appears to be doable.
Can you be married on a boat?
You can have a civil ceremony at home in order to obtain your legally-binding marriage license, then have your celebratory ceremony in your boat rental and destination of choice. In this scenario, youre not relying on the wedding to legally seal the deal.
How much does it cost to get married on a cruise ship?
Note that the cost for in-port marriage licenses vary by destination, in the range of $200 to $700; a shipboard marriage license costs $900. Additional services for floral arrangements, live music and photography can be arranged at an additional cost.
Which cruise lines do weddings at sea?
Many cruise lines offer a variety of services to help you plan a shipboard or shoreside ceremony, followed by a romantic cruise honeymoon. 10 Best Cruise Lines for Weddings
- Princess Cruises.
- Celebrity Cruises.
- Disney Cruise Line.
- Carnival Cruise Line.
- Norwegian Cruise Line.
- Royal Caribbean International.
- P&O Cruises.
Are cruise weddings cheaper?
1. It’s cheaper than you’d think. Cruise weddings start somewhere around $795. And, while the sky’s the limit, you’ll be able to create a pretty extravagant event for far less than the national average – a whopping $30,000 per wedding.
Are cruise weddings legal?
More than 80% of couples who exchange vows while sailing with Princess Cruises choose to get married at sea, and their ceremony isn’t just a symbolic one. Officiated by the ship’s captain, all at-sea ceremonies on Princess Cruises are legally recognized-even within international waters.
How do you plan a yacht for a wedding?
8 Tips for Planning a Boat Wedding
- Limit your guest list.
- Ask about any extra fees your charter company or vendors charge before planning.
- Research how to make your boat wedding legal.
- Choose apparel that can stand up to wind and water.
- Consider how you’ll take photos of your families and wedding party.
Can you get married on the Thames?
A marriage and civil partnership ceremony can take place on the River, but this would limited to one of our static vessels (i.e. a non-sailing boat) due to licensing restrictions. However, don’t let this small fact limit your wedding dreams!
Can a cruise ship captain marry a couple?
Celebrity Cruises captains are able to officiate legally-recognized same-sex weddings while in international waters. When you get married while sailing in international waters, the ceremony abides by the laws of the country where the ship is registered.
Who can marry you legally?
There are 4 types of authorised marriage celebrants:
- Commonwealth-registered marriage celebrants.
- Commonwealth-registered religious marriage celebrants.
- ministers of religion, who are registered with the state and territory registries of births, deaths and marriages.
- state and territory officers.
What to know about getting married on a cruise?
Here’s what you should know when planning your cruise wedding.
- Your Wedding Can Be in Port or at a Destination Venue.
- Make Sure Your Marriage Is Legal.
- Pick a Ship That Suits Your Style.
- Consider Booking Early.
- Let Your Guests Know Well in Advance.
- Set Up a Wedding Registry.
- Pick a Good Cruise Length.
Do cruise ships have chapels?
There are still chapels on other Royal ships and other cruise lines. Typically, they survive until a ship is ready for a major drydock, which happens every five years. Ideas that were in vogue 10 years ago when the Independence of the Seas was launched now seem stale.