- 1 Do Viking River boats have pools?
- 2 Which Viking River cruise ship is the best?
- 3 Are there elevators on Viking River Boats?
- 4 What is the average age on a Viking River cruise?
- 5 Why are Viking River Cruises so expensive?
- 6 Is Viking airplus worth it?
- 7 What is the best month to take a European river cruise?
- 8 What is the most picturesque river cruise in Europe?
- 9 Is Viking cruises in financial trouble?
- 10 What is the tipping policy on Viking River Cruises?
- 11 Can you do laundry on a Viking River cruise?
- 12 What time is dinner on Viking River cruise?
- 13 How do I get the best deal on a Viking River cruise?
- 14 What is the most luxurious river cruise line?
- 15 Are curling irons allowed on Viking River Cruises?
Do Viking River boats have pools?
Viking River Cruises There are only 2 ships that feature a swimming pool onboard, and both sail on the Douro River – Viking Hemming and Viking Torgil.
Which Viking River cruise ship is the best?
Viking Orion is the top-ranked ship overall. But you can filter your search based on price, region, traveler type and brand to find the best ship and itinerary for you.
Are there elevators on Viking River Boats?
Viking does not have any designated wheelchair-friendly cabins. Most ships have elevators; some ships have split-level decks and/or significant thresholds that could make movement difficult. Shore excursions often include walking over cobblestones, or up and down stairs.
What is the average age on a Viking River cruise?
Generally speaking, the average age of the passengers is usually between 45 and 65 years.
Why are Viking River Cruises so expensive?
River cruises are actually only a bit more, because river cruise fares include many of the things that are extras on ocean cruises. Since river ships aren’t buying cucumbers by the cargo container, costs like food and drink (a major component of cruise fares) are higher.
Is Viking airplus worth it?
Viking’s air packages are a great value because they include your transfers between airport and ship or hotel. And when you reserve your air with Viking and purchase Viking’s all-inclusive travel protection coverage, your air travel is covered by the policy as part of your Viking itinerary.
What is the best month to take a European river cruise?
The European River cruising season runs from March through December, though the best time to take a river cruise in Europe is during the late spring (April-May) or early fall (September-October).
What is the most picturesque river cruise in Europe?
Here are the top 10 European river cruises for 2020.
- Tulip Cruises. A Tulip Time cruise is one of the most iconic (and picturesque!) river cruises you can take.
- Douro Cruises. Scenic Azure on the Douro.
- Moselle Cruises.
- Main Cruises.
- Christmas Markets Cruises.
- Elbe Cruises.
- Danube Cruises.
- Rhine Cruises.
Is Viking cruises in financial trouble?
Viking Cruises Founder Loses 66% Of Wealth As Pandemic Hits Norway’s Richest. Travel and lifestyle in Europe with a focus on Norway & Scandinavia. Viking Cruises founder and chairman Torstein Hagen was the hardest hit among Norway’s richest by the
What is the tipping policy on Viking River Cruises?
We suggest $5 USD per person per day for local guides and $2 USD per person per day for drivers. Please be aware that if you are taking part in an escorted pre- or post-cruise extension, the Tour Director escorting you is not included in the onboard gratuity. We suggest $5 USD per person per day.
Can you do laundry on a Viking River cruise?
Viking River Cruises: Laundry service is available on board; unfortunately clothes cannot be dry cleaned.
What time is dinner on Viking River cruise?
Dinner is served between 7:30 PM and 9:30 PM – perfect for dining to a beautiful sunset or star-filled sky.
How do I get the best deal on a Viking River cruise?
Here are nine tips to help you get the best value out of your river cruise:
- Book early for selection or book late for discounts.
- Ask questions about what’s included.
- Consider opting for a “French balcony” for more space.
- Compare apples to apples.
- You can save by booking a lower deck cabin.
- Organize a group and save.
What is the most luxurious river cruise line?
The Best Luxury River Cruises
- Crystal River Cruises. Crystal Mozart in Budapest.
- Tauck River Cruises. Seine River | Credit: tauck.com.
- AmaWaterways. AmaMagna.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruises. Soleil Deck | Credit: uniworld.com.
- Aqua Expeditions. Aqua Nera Suite | Credit: aquaexpeditions.com.
Are curling irons allowed on Viking River Cruises?
Please note that heat-producing appliances, such as irons, steamers, curling irons and heaters, are potential safety hazards and therefore not permitted on board. Hair dryers are provided on board and in our hotels so you likely do not need to bring one with you.