- 1 Are motorized boats allowed on Wallowa Lake?
- 2 What activities are open at Wallowa Lake?
- 3 Can you water ski on Wallowa Lake?
- 4 What kind of fish are in Wallowa Lake?
- 5 Are fires allowed at Wallowa Lake?
- 6 How cold is Wallowa Lake?
- 7 How deep is the Wallowa Lake?
- 8 Is there catfish in Wallowa Lake?
- 9 How do you fish for kokanee at Wallowa Lake?
- 10 When was Wallowa Lake stocked?
Are motorized boats allowed on Wallowa Lake?
Please note: All Motorized Boats, Driver must be 18+ with a current drivers license.
What activities are open at Wallowa Lake?
- Water sports. Wallowa Lake, while cold, offers a great place for skiers and boarders due to its light use and calm surface conditions.
- The Tram.
- Horseback Riding.
- Kids Stuff.
- The Arts.
- Whitewater Rafting.
Can you water ski on Wallowa Lake?
Swimming is usually limited to the hottest part of the summer due to the extremely cold water of the lake. Most residents and visitors spend their time on the water sailing, wake-boarding, water-skiing, pontooning or power-boating.
What kind of fish are in Wallowa Lake?
About every 3rd year or so the Wallowa Lake freezes over. For whatever reasons, people just cant resist getting out on frozen water.
Are fires allowed at Wallowa Lake?
This facility offers campsites/day use sites. AttentionCharcoal fires, cooking fires, warming fires, pellet-fueled grills, candles, tiki torches and other devices that emit flames or embers are prohibited until further notice.
How cold is Wallowa Lake?
The winters are long and fairly cold with temperatures in January ranging about 10 to 25 degrees during the day and dropping another 20 degrees at night.
How deep is the Wallowa Lake?
Phillips Lake is the only large water body that is suitable for water skiing and tubing on the Forest. When water skiing, tubing, wake boarding or just enjoying the day in your boat, learn to keep kids safe around water and ski safely while on the lake.
Is there catfish in Wallowa Lake?
Wallowa County has perhaps the most diverse freshwater fishing opportunities in Oregon, from rainbows in high mountain lakes, to trophy kokanee and lake trout in Wallowa Lake, to summer steelhead and spring Chinook, to smallmouth bass and catfish.
How do you fish for kokanee at Wallowa Lake?
The Kokanee in Wallowa Lake are caught by trolling and jigging. We even know a place that you can catch them from the lake shore. During the winter when the lake freezes they are caught them by ice fishing!
When was Wallowa Lake stocked?
7/4/18: Stocked and fishing well. Flyfish near the river inlet inlet on the south end.