- 1 Can you marry on a boat?
- 2 Can you get married outdoors in the UK?
- 3 Can you get married on a boat on the Thames?
- 4 Can I get married on a canal boat?
- 5 Can the captain of a boat marry you?
- 6 Can a boat captain marry you on land?
- 7 Who can legally marry you in the UK?
- 8 How much does a registry office wedding cost UK?
- 9 Can a ship’s captain marry you UK?
Can you marry on a boat?
Weddings at sea are conducted by the captain (or his deputy) under the laws of the country the ship is registered in (Bermuda, Malta and the Bahamas among them). Couples can say “I do” in a chapel on Princess Cruises ships or opt for a more public ceremony in the atrium.
Can you get married outdoors in the UK?
Civil weddings will be permitted to take place outdoors for the first time in England and Wales from next month. The ceremonies at approved premises such as hotels currently need to be in a room or other permanent structure.
Can you get married on a boat on the Thames?
* At present the law does not allow pleasure boats on the Thames to be licensed venues for a legal wedding ceremony. However, by using the services of a celebrant you can overcome this hurdle and create the truly personal ceremony you wish for.
Can I get married on a canal boat?
If you’re looking for a venue with a difference then Canal Boat Cruises presents Romance, a Luxury cruising restaurant boat in the North West. The venue itself comfortably holds a wedding party for up to 37 guests and is ideal for more intimate wedding breakfasts and evening parties.
Can the captain of a boat marry you?
A ship’s captain generally does NOT have the legal right to officiate a wedding at sea. In order for a Captain of a ship to perform a marriage at sea, he must also be a judge, a justice of the peace, a minister, or an officially recognized officiant such as a Notary Public.
Can a boat captain marry you on land?
They can’t perform marriages at sea (or on dry land) by virtue of their maritime license alone, and no state has enacted a statute explicitly authorizing ships’ captains to officiate marriages.
Who can legally marry you in the UK?
Church of England, Catholic, Jewish, Anglican and Quaker leaders, such as priests, vicars and rabbis, can all officiate weddings. Other religious leaders are only able to officiate a marriage ceremony if they have applied for a licence.
How much does a registry office wedding cost UK?
The cost for a register office marriage or civil partnership is £57 which consists of £46 for the registration and £11 for one certificate. The fee is non-refundable.
Can a ship’s captain marry you UK?
In the United Kingdom, the captain of a merchant ship has never been permitted to perform marriages, although from 1854 any which took place had to be reported in the ship’s log.