- 1 Is a boat trailer a utility trailer?
- 2 What can a utility trailer be used for?
- 3 Do you need a trailer for a jon boat?
- 4 Can you put a boat on a trailer?
- 5 Is a utility trailer worth it?
- 6 How long do utility trailers last?
- 7 How wide should a utility trailer be?
- 8 How much length does a trailer add to a boat?
- 9 Do new jon boats come with trailers?
- 10 What is the first thing you do after retrieving a boat onto a trailer?
- 11 What does the trailer button do on a boat?
Is a boat trailer a utility trailer?
Boat trailers are made to haul boats to the lake and back. Specifically, is their a way to use or convert a boat trailer so it can be used as a utility trailer to double for use in hauling lawn mowers, tree trimmings or other cargo around the yard, through the neighborhood or across the country?
What can a utility trailer be used for?
Top 5 Uses for Utility & Landscape Trailers
- Hauling lawn care and other power equipment. The most common use for a utility trailer is probably as an equipment trailer.
- Carrying powersports equipments and other small vehicles.
- Hauling supplies.
- Moving furniture.
- Debris and trash cleanup.
Do you need a trailer for a jon boat?
Jon boats are light, with an aluminum 8-footer weighing in at around 100 pounds. You might get that into your truck’s bed. But when it comes to the larger models, at 15-footer could weigh around 300 pounds. Based on that, any Jon boat of 10 feet and up tends to need a trailer.
Can you put a boat on a trailer?
The following is a simple method that works with any boat: Tie up your boat to the dock. Then attach a single long line to the bow and stern cleat. Back the trailer down deep enough that you can float the boat most of the way onto the trailer.
Is a utility trailer worth it?
With a little attention to maintenance and safety, and some practice with towing, you can enjoy many years of using a trailer. All in all, a utility trailer is a valuable asset for moving and hauling any number of items, and often will pay for itself in a short period of time.
How long do utility trailers last?
Regular maintenance of your utility trailer will keep it in great shape and last years to come. A well-maintained trailer can have a life expectancy of 15 years or longer; depending on frequency and type of use.
How wide should a utility trailer be?
These tandem axle landscape/utility trailers can have a deck width of 76” to 82”.
How much length does a trailer add to a boat?
In general, trailers are typically about two feet longer than the boat itself. Do not use LOA (which can be influenced by extended swim platforms) as an indicator of boat length, as a trailer only supports the hull’s running surface.
Do new jon boats come with trailers?
Sure, some jon boats will comes as a package deal including the boat, trailer and everything else you may need but this is not always the case.
What is the first thing you do after retrieving a boat onto a trailer?
Set the parking brake of the towing vehicle, and put it in park (or first gear if you have a manual transmission).
- Move the vessel onto the trailer far enough to attach the winch line to the bow eye of the vessel.
- Shut off the engine, and raise the engine or outdrive.
- Pull the vessel out of the water.
The trailer button will lift it all the way up, for trailering. When in the water, you need to lower it all the way. Then as you accelerate you can raise it some to find the sweet spot on plane.